- Student Information
- Informed Consent/General Release
- Parent & Athlete Code of Conduct
- Heads Up: Concussion
- EL2 & EL3
- Transportation Liability Form
- Volunteer Driver Form
Sport Participation Checklist
All information within the tabs above must be completed before a student may participate in a Viera Charter School Sport:
- Student Information Form
- Information Consent/General Release Form
- COVID-19 - Participation Waiver
- Parent & Athlete Code of Conduct Form
- Heads Up: Concussion - Information
- EL2 & EL3 - Print & return hard copies to Athletic Department
- Sports Fee via MySchoolBucks.com
Viera Charter School (Charter School) offers School Activities for students attending Viera Charter School. School Activities are conducted on school grounds and away from school grounds on regular school days and on non-school days according to the School Activities schedule.
If my minor student participates in the School Activities program(s) I agree on my own behalf and on my minor student’s behalf to RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the Charter School, their board members, officers, servants, agents, or employees, chaperones, and volunteers (collectively RELEASEES) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by us or our child, or to any property belonging to us, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or otherwise, related to COVID-19.
I am aware of the novel coronavirus ("COVID-19") worldwide pandemic and that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ("CDC") considers COVID-19 to be highly contagious and spread mainly from person-to-person through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person respirates, coughs or sneezes. I am aware that millions of COVID-19 infections have been confirmed throughout the United States, including thousands of cases in Florida and the surrounding states. I acknowledge and understand that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day to day and that, accordingly, knowledge of the disease is imperfect, and the CDC guidelines are regularly modified and updated.
I acknowledge and appreciate the inherent, known and potential dangers of utilizing the facilities, and services of the Charter School and the School Activities programs while in the middle of a world-wide pandemic, and acknowledge that my and my student’s use thereof may, despite the reasonable efforts to mitigate such dangers, result in exposure to COVID-19, which could result in quarantine requirements, serious illness, disability; and/or death, for myself, my student and others he/she may come in contact with.
I AM AWARE THAT BY AGREEING TO THIS AGREEMENT, I AM GIVING UP VALUABLE LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO RECOVER DAMAGES FROM THE RELEASES IN CASE OF ILLNESS, INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY LOSS OR DAMAGE,
INCLUDING, AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 AND ANY ILLNESS, INJURY OR DEATH RESULTING THEREFROM. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS DOCUMENT IS A PROMISE NOT TO SUE AND A RELEASE OF AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR ALL CLAIMS, including court costs and attorney’s fees.
It is my express intent that this Release and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of our family and spouses if we are alive, and our heirs, assigns and personal representative, if we are deceased, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above-named RELEASEES. We hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. Nothing herein shall be interpreted to waive any of the RELEASEES’ rights and defenses under Florida Statutes Section 768.28, to the extent applicable.
IN SIGNING THIS COVID-19 WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT, WE ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT we have read and understand the foregoing provisions; that we sign this AGREEMENT voluntarily as our own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducement, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; we are at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent to sign and execute this release on our behalf and on behalf of our minor child/children; and we execute this Release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.
Each parent legal guardian shall sign below for students participating in the Charter School’s School Activities program(s).
PARENT AND ATHLETE CODE OF CONDUCT
On behalf of the administration, faculty, staff, and students of VCS, we welcome you to our athletic facility and program. The schools competing are members and have agreed to abide by the constitution and bylaws of the Brevard Charter Athletic League to insure the highest possible standards of conduct in their interscholastic programs.
We ask that everyone demonstrate an attitude of good sportsmanship throughout the season. Respect is a right for the athletes, coaches, faculty, administration, and officials. Any spectator not displaying appropriate conduct will be asked to leave the facility. Your cooperation is expected and appreciated.
SPORTS FEE: Sports fee must be paid prior to first competition of the season to be paid at MYSCHOOLBUCKS.COM print receipt turn in with pack.
Grades & Behavior: Students must have passing grades and behavior in all classes. Student athletes are a representation of VCS and they are to follow the expectations list below.
Grade Check: Each student’s grades will be checked weekly by the athletic director and coach to ensure eligibility. An athlete will be considered ineligible if:
- If an athlete receives a 70% or lower, they will not be able to play for the week. Grades must improve by the next week. See consequences below.
- If a student athlete has been absent and as a result has a “D” or “F” in a class because the makeup work has yet to be GRADED, their playing time will be limited or will not be able to play until the work has been TURNED in.
- Student athletes who have a “D” on their grade check will have very limited playing time or no playing time. This is under the coach’s discretion and will be discussed with the athletes at the beginning of the season.
Grades/Behavior Consequences: In an event where an athlete’s self-discipline breaks down in the area of grades, behavior, or attendance, the following actions will be taken.
- 1st offense: one on one meeting with coach and possible game suspension.
- 2nd offense: Conference with athlete and parent along with game suspension.
- 3rd offense: Dismissal from team. (If a student athlete receives an “F” a 3rd time on the grade check, the student athlete will be dismissed from the team so that they can focus on academics) Dismissal from team will occur if the student has committed a severe disciplinary action Steps may be accelerated due to severity of behavior.
EQUIPMENT AND UNIFORMS:
- Students will be held responsible for all athletic equipment issued to them.
- School uniforms are to be used or worn only under three strict conditions: Competition / Informed by the school administration
- Students are responsible for taking care of their uniform.
- Students are responsible for having all required equipment needed to compete.
Attendance: Student athletes are required to be at tryouts, practices, and games. An athlete cannot be adversely treated due to an excused absence. However, absent athletes may have to work hard to regain their previous playing status. Student athletes who have a medical excuse to excuse them from PE may not participate in athletics.
The athletes who attend all practices and competitions must be given consideration for their commitment. Athletes should inform their coach well before hand if they plan to miss a practice or a competition. Please see the “consequences” for unexcused absences. Examples of excused absences (doctor’s appointment, family emergency, absent from school). Students must be in school for half of the school day in order to participate in a game or competition on that day.